Wednesday, March 17, 2021

GOD'S TIMING

                                                                     GOD’S TIMING

Timing is “the choice, judgment, or control of when something should be done.” (Oxford Dictionaires)

Psalm 31:15 (NIV)

My times are in your hands; deliver me from the hands of my enemies, from those who pursue me.

Mark 1:15 New International Version (NIV)

“The time has come,” he said. “The kingdom of God has come near. Repent and believe the good news!”

Acts 1:7 (NIV)

He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority.

Ecclesiastes 3:1 (NIV)

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:

Psalm 27:14 (NIV)

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord.

Galatians 4:4 (NIV)

But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law,

Galatians 6:9 (NIV)

The following is an excerpt from an article, “What is God’s Timing?” Get Bible Answers.org.

·              Jesus had to wait 30 years before God baptized Him with the Holy Spirit and anointed His   ministry.

·              Moses waited 40 years before God sent him to rescue the children of Israel from the Egyptians.

·              The Israelites had to wait for 430 years before God rescued them from the Egyptians.

·              David had to wait for 13 years before he became king of Israel after being told he would be king.

·              Abraham had to wait 25 years for the birth of his son Isaac after being told he would be a father.

·              Noah had to wait 120 years from starting the ark until the flood actually happened.

·              The apostles waited 10 days after Jesus had ascended before they received the Holy Spirit.

“Kenneth W. Hagin gives a good example of God’s timing. “When I was 16 years old, I traveled all over California with my sister, my mom, and my dad, Kenneth E Hagin, as he preached the Word. We lived in a travel trailer. Once we pulled into a town where Dad was going to preach for several days in a church.  We had enough food for one meal, and we ate that Saturday night.  Sunday after church the pastor took us out for dinner, and after that, we had no more food.

My dad said, “don’t tell anybody.  God will provide.  Until then, we’re just going to keep believing what the Word says,” Monday came and went, and we didn’t eat. Tuesday went by, and we didn’t eat… Wednesday, a man knocked on the door and said, “Brother Hagin, since Sunday the Lord’s been dealing with me that you needed groceries, but I knew you didn’t need any.  Finally it got so bad that today I couldn’t stand it, so I just went and bought a whole pickup truck load of groceries.  Here they are.”(1) Sometimes God is waiting for someone to obey.”

 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the LORD. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.  Isaiah 55:8-9 (NIV)

I am sure all of us have stories we have heard or stories of our own where we can see God’s perfect timing.  We can look back and see that if something had occurred according to our timing, it would not have worked out in our best interests.  Remember, God sees the whole picture and we do not.  Time is in God’s hands and so is His timing. 

Troy Brewer, a Pastor of OpenDoor  Church, said, “Time is God’s way of keeping everything from happening at once.”  He also has stated that we can redeem our timeline from events in the past by inviting Jesus into a time of trauma for healing.  He has a book that explains this in detail, “Redeeming Your Timeline.”  Even though this is not specifically about God’s timing, we live in a world where we operate in the past, present and future and God is already there.  He is in our past, He is in our present and He is in our future.  God is not subject to time.

The following is a prayer to ask Jesus to go back with you in the past to heal any trauma or hurt.  Jesus is not bound by time, so ask Him to heal your past hurts and trauma.

A PRAYER FOR THE HEALING OF PAST TRAUMA

Jesus, walk with me into my past (ask Him to be present at the time of the trauma/hurt).

Jesus heal me from _____________________. (the event that occurred)

I ask you to heal the memory of ___________.

I forgive _________ .  (If someone is the contributing factor of an event)

Thank You for healing me from that memory.

Walk with me now and always.

I love you and I continue to trust You with my life.

Amen

 Be assured that as sure as God is in your present and past, He is surely in your future.  I have a poster on my refrigerator that says, I am not afraid of tomorrow because I know that GOD is already there!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                   DAYS OF DARKNESS INTO LIGHT April 17, 2024     Marcella Ward THIS NATION WILL BE PL...