Thursday, June 18, 2020

FEAR OR FAITH?


                                                    
                                             FEAR OR FAITH?

If you were to sum up the emotional feeling during this pandemic what would it be?  Many people would agree, including myself, that it would be fear.
Fear sometimes is even more powerful and the consequences even more tragic than the circumstance itself.  Yes, we should have common sense and be careful not to spread or “catch” the virus but this fear has become so powerful that many are afraid to go out of their house.  They are afraid to go to church because the churches are also following the required mask wearing and social distancing. 
Fear is the absence of faith.  It was fear worldwide that caused the world to be shut down.  We must not let fear overtake us or we will succumb to some things that are even more tragic such as suicide.  People need hope at this time more than ever.  The following is a list of ten Bible verses that I hope will encourage you to trust in God at all times and in every circumstance.


10 Bible Verses about Overcoming Fear & Anxiety, Conquering Fear (Daily Inspiration for Joyful Living,” JollyNotes.com)
10 Bible Verses about Overcoming Fear and Anxiety
#1 God is with me ~ I will not live in fear
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.” ~ Psalm 23:4, ESV
#2 God helps me
“For I, the LORD your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, “Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.”” ~ Isaiah 41:13, ESV
#3 We can trust Him – He’s our Abba Father!
“For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”” ~ Romans 8:15, ESV
See Also: Bible Verses about Our Identity in Christ

#4 Choosing Faith over Fear
“Jesus said… Do not fear, only believe.” ~ Mark 5:36, ESV
#5 Perfect Love Conquers Fear – Faith in Christ overcomes Fear!
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.” ~ 1 John 4:18, NIV
Jesus’ Free Gift is His perfect love for us, which he showed by dying on the cross for our sins. When we put our complete faith in Jesus, His perfect love drives out all fear. Amen!
See Also: Getting to know God
#6 Be on your Guard, Stand Firm in the Faith
“Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong.”
~ 1 Corinthians 16:13, NIV
*
#7 Fear of God => Faith in God => All we need => No more fear!
“Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack!”
~ Psalm 34:9, ESV***


#8 Peace in Jesus Christ
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” ~ John 14:27, NIV


*
#9 No More Fear in Jesus’ Name!
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” ~ 2 Timothy 1:7, NLT
See Also: Fear Not Bible Verses, Quotes & Scripture List

 
*
#10 Dear Lord, You are our strength and shield. We will not fear. We trust you Lord, with all of our hearts! We put our faith in you. We rejoice and praise you! Thank you Lord!!!
***
“The LORD is my strength and shield.
I trust him with all my heart.
He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy.
I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.” ~ Psalm 28:7, NLT

DON'T FORGET TO PURCHASE THE BOOK--"Stolen Identity: Plan of the Evil One" by Marcella Ward (Amazon or Barnes & Noble online)

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                   DAYS OF DARKNESS INTO LIGHT April 17, 2024     Marcella Ward THIS NATION WILL BE PL...