Friday, September 4, 2020

FORGIVENESS PART 2


FORGIVENESS PART 2

In the last teaching we talked about forgiveness and what it means to forgive.  In this next teaching we will focus on prayers that we can pray to heal us from any soul wounds because of hurt and unforgiveness in our lives.

Listen to this prayer by Father Emiliano Tardiff and let it soak into your spirit and be a healing balm.

PRAYER OF FORGIVENESS:
Father of goodness Father of love,
I bless You, I praise You, and I give You thanks because out of love you gave us Jesus.
Thank You Father because by the light of Your Spirit we understand that He is the Light, the Truth, and the Good Shepherd, Who has come that we might have life and have it abundantly.
Today, Father, I wish to present myself.
You know my name.
I present myself to You, Lord,
So that You might fix Your loving, fatherly eyes on me.
You know my heart and you know the wounds of the past.
You know all that I wished to do and all not done.

You also know what was done and what others have done to me that have wounded me.
You know my limitations, errors, and sin.
Today, Father, I ask that by the love that You have for Your Son, Jesus Christ, that You pour out Your Holy Spirit over me so that the warmth of Your healing love might penetrate into the most intimate corners of my heart.
You Who heal destroyed hearts and Who cure my wounds, heal me, Father.
Enter into my heart, Lord,
As You entered into that house where the disciples were full of fear.
You appeared in the midst of them and said:
“Peace be with you.”
Enter into my heart and give me Your peace.
Fill me with love.
We know that love casts out fear.
Go through my life and heal my heart.
I know, Lord, that You do it always if I ask,
And I am asking for it with Mary, our Mother, who was at the wedding in Cana when there was no wine and You responded to her request, changing the water into wine.
Change my heart and give me a generous heart, an affable heart, a kindly heart, give me a new heart.
Pour out, Lord, on me the fruits of Your presence.
Give me the fruits of Your Spirit which are love, peace, joy.
Pour out upon me the Spirit of the Beatitudes,

So that I might taste and search for God each day,
Living without psychological complexes of traumas, close to my spouse, my family, my brothers, my sisters.
I thank you, Father, for what You are doing today in my life.
I thank You with heartfelt thanks because You heal me, because You free me,
Because You break chains and give me freedom.
Thank You Lord, because I am a temple of Your Spirit and because that temple cannot be destroyed because it is the House of God.
I thank You Lord, for faith.
Thank You for the love that You have put into my heart.
How awesome You are Lord!
May You be blessed and praised Lord.

Let’s pray an individual prayer for healing any soul wounds from unforgiveness or any hurts that you may have experienced.  Repeat after me…

PRAYER 
Heavenly Father,
Whose forgiveness of me
Requires me to forgive others
Send Your Spirit
To change my heart
And heal any soul wounds
That I may be free to forgive
Even as You in Christ, forgave me

And so I forgive others who have hurt me
And I forgive myself
And I place any hurts and any unforgiveness
At the foot of the cross.  Amen

Forgiveness requires action.  Jesus died on the cross to forgive us of our sins.  We need to forgive others.  Sometimes we even need to forgive God because we may blame Him.  Sometimes the first step is just to say “I forgive…..” even if you don’t feel it.  Remember forgiveness is an action not a feeling.  Don’t be afraid to reach out in reconciliation to the person who has hurt you if it is possible.  If a hurt comes back to “haunt” you because it is hard to forget, just ask God to bless that person and give that person to God.  It may take a while to heal a wounded heart but God is in the business of healing wounded souls, so lean on Him, trust Him and with His strength and healing power, you will be able to move on and be the open vessel that God wants you to be so He can fill you with more of Himself so you can be a healing balm to someone who needs God’s touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                       TURNING POINT Marcella Ward May 8, 2024 The following prophecie...