Friday, November 27, 2020

ARE YOU READY?


ARE YOU READY?
                                     

How many of us buy life insurance?  How many of us buy medical insurance and so on?  What does insurance mean? --- The root word insure means “To make certain or secure.”  

Have you made certain or secured who will inherit your property, money, etc.  when you die?  Many of us are more concerned about our wills than what will happen to us when we die. There are some that do not believe in an afterlife.  They believe that when you die you become dust and your existence ends there. 

According to the Bible, we were created by God to live forever.  Adam and Eve were created to live in fellowship with God.  They disobeyed God and ate from the Tree of Knowledge which was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  God had to ban them from Eden because if they had stayed in the garden and eaten from the Tree of Life, after they had sinned, they would have lived forever in the state of sin with no hope of redemption.  They would have been doomed to eternal damnation. 

If you do not believe in God, then eternal life is not an issue for you.
“I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.”
Albert Camus 

In other words, if there is a God, which I do believe there is, then you will not live eternally with Him in heaven if you reject Him.  You will, according to the Bible, live in Hell which was not created for man but for demons.  God is just and the only way to the Father, is through Jesus Christ, His Son, who died on the cross, to take away your sins.  We have all sinned and Christ redeemed us by taking on our sins at the cross. 

John 3:16,For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He (even) gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting) life.

If you want to insure your eternal life by surrendering your life to God, through Jesus Christ, or want to rededicate your life to the Lord, say this prayer with me.

Dear Lord Jesus,
Thank you for dying on the cross for my sin.
I believe you rose from the dead
Please forgive me of all my sins.
Come into my life.
I receive You as my Lord and Savior.
Now, help me to live for you the rest of my life.
In the name of Jesus, I pray.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                        WORDS OF WARNING AND WORDS OF HOPE   Marcella Ward      April 3, 2024 I received the followi...