Wednesday, November 17, 2021

                                                       GO INTO THE STREETS

I recently heard a preacher on TV state that as a result of COVID the Church has left the building and gone out to the people to evangelize.  Yes, the devil is perfectly happy with us staying in the four corners of the church but is that the way it is supposed to be?  Jesus went to the people.  He went out into the streets to meet people where they were.  Yes, He went to the Temple, His Father’s house to preach and pray but He went out to heal people and meet them at the point of their need.

And wherever he went—into villages, towns or countryside—they placed the sick in the marketplaces. They begged him to let them touch even the edge of his cloak, and all who touched it were healed.  Mark 6:56 NIV

The servant came back and reported this to his master. Then the owner of the house became angry and ordered his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lame.’  Luke 14:21 NIV

I have observed during the pandemic era those who have taken to the streets to preach and reach the people with the Gospel.  There are praise and worship leaders as well as evangelists taking to the streets/parks to spread the message of salvation and deliverance.  I watched a video where people who had gathered outside for praise and worship were running to the altar to give their lives to Jesus!!

Not all of us are called to be evangelists but we can do our part.  Everyday life presents itself as an opportunity that sometimes we just “walk right into.”  For example, a few weeks ago, I went to the grocery store and I met a man named Scott, who was homeless, asking for money.  I decided I would give him some money and I asked him if he was a Christian and he said that he thought he was and since he was not sure I led him in the prayer of Salvation.  He said he had a Bible but he couldn’t understand it so I told him to ask the Holy Spirit to help him.  I then prayed for him to receive the Baptism of the Holy Spirit.  We also prayed that he would find a fulltime job.

After I left this man, I was about to leave and I noticed that a young woman with crutches needed assistance so I got out of the car and I asked her if she was a Believer and she said yes and she said that it was nice to hear someone not be afraid of asking that question.  I asked Rochelle what the problem was and she said she was going to have surgery on her foot so I asked her if I could pray for her foot and she said yes.  I also mentioned to her that she could pray for her foot and she said that her grandmother had told her the same thing.

I felt so blessed that day that God allowed me to minister to two people.  We never know how God will use us.  We need to be open to wherever He takes us even if we cannot reach thousands of people we can do our part.  There is a saying that says, “If I cannot do great things then I can do small things in a great way.”  If we cannot do “great things” for God, then we can do small things in a great way.  Who knows, maybe there will be a ripple effect that we will never know about until we get to heaven.

Jesus spoke to the Samaritin woman at the well and she recognized the Messiah and evangelized the whole city by just one encounter with Him.  The one “yes” from Mary, the Mother of Jesus, changed the world. 

It may not be something we say but something we do that will draw others to God.  A simple smile, a kind word or even saying, “God bless you.”  St. Francis of Assisi said. “We have been called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart, and to bring home those who have lost their way.”
St. Francis of Assisi 

"The deeds you do may be the only sermon some persons will hear today." ~ Francis of Assisi

One person can change the world one person at a time.  You and I were born for such a time as this so “go out into the streets!”

Marcella Ward November 17, 2021

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                   DAYS OF DARKNESS INTO LIGHT April 17, 2024     Marcella Ward THIS NATION WILL BE PL...