Tuesday, February 8, 2022

 

                                                           THE “WORRY” STONE

Do Not Worry

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  Matthew 26:25-34 NIV

You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Isaiah 26:3 NIV

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  Philippians 4:6 NIV

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 NIV

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”  Joshua 1:9 NIV

Worry can affect us mentally, physically and spiritually.  So why would we want to let it “get the best of us?”  One day, very early in the morning, I woke up worrying about a situation.  I kept worrying and worrying and then the Lord gave me a picture of a stone with the word “worry” on it and showed me someone throwing the “worry” stone away.  This has helped me during the times when I start worrying about something.  I mentally take a “worry” stone and throw it away.  I have also gotten in the habit of saying Isaiah 26:3, You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. 

So what is the “worry” stone you need to toss?  Maybe the Lord will give you another mental picture i.e. closing the “door of worry and opening the door of faith, etc.  Whatever works for you but above and beyond this, look to the Word of God to give you comfort and speak it out loud--- For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12 NIV

Don’t let worry be an open door for the devil to harass you, but let faith in God and His Word, strengthen you and give you peace!!

A Prayer to Soothe an Anxious and Worried Heart:

"Dear Lord, I thank you that I can come to You always for any reason. I’m grateful that when I pray to You, You answer me. Help me to come to You at the beginning of my fears and anxieties instead of waiting until I can’t stand them anymore. The quicker I come to You the better. You want to free me from ALL my fears. Help me look to You for help more often so that I can be radiant with Your joy. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen." (Worry and Anxiety Bible Verses Compiled and Edited by BibleStudyTools Staff on 3/30/2021) 

Marcella Ward February 9, 2022

Author of "Stolen Identity: Plan of the Evil One" 

Happy Child in Worship A happy child raising his arms to the sky at sunset. Vertical colour image. Copyspace. Worship concept. Silhouette. Natural God beams in the sky. praising god stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                   DAYS OF DARKNESS INTO LIGHT April 17, 2024     Marcella Ward THIS NATION WILL BE PL...