Wednesday, August 24, 2022

 

                                                           

                                                            THE BREATH OF GOD

 Marcella Ward   August 24, 2022

 “Is it possible that with every breath you take you are breathing the name Yahweh? It has been said the Jewish sages associated the name with breath. The uniqueness of this two syllable form YaH-WeH can indeed be breathed, try it. Inhale “Yah” and exhale “weh,” or you can exhale Yah and inhale weh. The yod, heh, and waw (which make up the Tetragrammaton) are semivowel letters in Hebrew, commonly called matres lectionis, from the Latin “mothers of reading” and are consonants that are used as vowels. In Biblical Hebrew they are used for the unchangeable vowel combinations in Masoretic vowel pointing.

Yahweh told Moses in response to his question, what shall I call You, in Exodus 3:14 said: “I Am that I Am.” I Am is from the verb of existence HaYah in Hebrew, which means to become, come to pass, as well as sustain. His name is attributed to life. Our very sustenance is the air we breathe. Maybe this is why David wrote: “I will bless Yahweh at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth.” Psalms 34:1. To breathe is the very essence of life. Yahweh’s Holy Spirit is called the Ruach HaKodesh in Hebrew. Ruach literally means breath, wind or spirit.

Yahweh’s very breath filled life into the lungs of man, Genesis 2:7; 7:22.”  (“Breathing the Name of Yahweh”  March 28, 2022 by Yahwehs Restoration Ministry)

Not everyone agrees with this concept but I would like to believe that God is so much greater than we can even imagine that it would not surprise me that our every breath, which does come from God our Creator, would be enveloped in the very essence of His name----Yahweh.

Genesis 2:7 Then the Lord God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. NIV

Psalm 33:6 By the word of the Lord the heavens were made, their starry host by the breath of his mouth. NIV

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life. NIV

Ezekiel 37:4-6  Then he said to me, “Prophesy to these bones and say to them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the Lord!  This is what the Sovereign Lord says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.  I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord.’”  NIV

2 Timothy 3:16  All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness,  NIV

At the cross Jesus breathed His last breath. Mark 15:37  With a loud cry, Jesus breathed his last. NIV

After Jesus’ Resurrection He came to the disciples.  John 20:21-22  And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”  And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.   (The Breath of God  Davis Wetherell  July 23, 2019)

From the first breath that we take and the last breath we exhale, the breath of God’s life is within us.  He is the Creator who breathed into man’s nostrils to give him life and with our every breath, if you choose to believe that we breathe the very name of God, we are truly alive in His Spirit that gives us not only earthly life, but eternal life.

So next time you breathe, breathe knowing that the very essence of your life truly comes from God Almighty-------------Yahweh.

 

PRAYER FOR THE BREATH OF GOD

Holy Spirit, fill my heart with Your goodness and grace

Lead me each and every day and let me not stray

From Your presence within me as I walk along the way

Fill me with the breath of life, even as I enter into strife

Lead me, guide me, counsel me and renew my strength within

Breath of God cleanse me, breath of God fill me, breath of God renew me

Breath of God, use me

Amen

Marcella Ward   Author of “Stolen Identity: Plan of the Evil One”  August 24, 2022


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                   DAYS OF DARKNESS INTO LIGHT April 17, 2024     Marcella Ward THIS NATION WILL BE PL...