Wednesday, August 31, 2022

                                                              

                                                    THE BLESSINGS OF BROKENNESS

Marcella Ward    August 31, 2022

When you think of something broken, what comes to your mind?  Is it something that has been shattered like broken glass or a separation or something not functioning anymore?  We could go on and on.  What does the Bible say about brokenness? 

My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise.  Psalm 51:17 NIV

The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  Psalm 34:18 NIV

Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being” declares the Lord.  “These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.  Isaiah 66:2 NIV

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.  Psalm 147:3 NIV

The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor.   He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, Isaiah 61:1 NIV

“We’ve all seen restored furniture. Restoring furniture involves stripping away old varnish or paint with strong chemicals. This reveals all the old scratches, gouges, and spots on the piece. The sanding takes place next—the wood is rubbed with coarse sandpaper in order to smooth out its imperfections. Then the furniture is ready to receive a new stain or paint color. New glory can be given to old furniture, and God can do the same thing with us. He can put new glory inside an old life, but He must first strip away our old nature and sand away our sinful strongholds.

We shouldn’t run from being broken. Even though it’s not pleasant, it will produce a better life. Brokenness is a blessing because it puts us on the road to a breakthrough. Jesus said, “Blessed are the poor in spirit” (Matthew 5:3). Those who are spiritually broken will be blessed because they will see God, and God’s power will flow through their lives.”  (“The Blessings of Brokenness”  Tony Evans)

Brokenness Removes Pride From Us

It can keep us from doing what God wants us to do.  Pride was what caused Adam and Eve to fall and the serpent, the devil.

  It Is In Brokenness That We Come Together With Christ And One Another

Jesus humbled Himself and ate with sinners and tax collectors.  He humbled Himself when He left His throne in heaven to become like us.

 Jesus Loved Us So Much That He Willingly Embraced Brokenness

“Who were those gathered around the Table on this night of nights? There were eleven broken men, and one perfect Man, the Man Christ Jesus.   Jesus Christ embraced brokenness so that we might be saved.”  (The Blessing Of Brokenness Posted on July 18, 2021 by bibleteacherorg)

When a pot is broken the Japanese will join or mend the pieces together with gold. It actually makes the mended broken piece worth more money because they joined the broken pieces with gold. This art form is called kintsukuroi. This artwork repairs the pot and adds to keep the history of the pot. It also makes the pot no longer disgusting from the broken state.”  (Filled with GoldAuthor: Steve Patterson Published Date: )

It appears that the fissures in a pot exemplify our brokenness and the gold weaving in and out, are a part of the purification that we go through so that we are no ordinary vessel, but made anew in God’s perfect plan for our lives.  God makes all things new.  Isaiah 43:19
“See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.”  NIV

Prayer for Brokenness

Dear Lord, it is my will to surrender to you everything that I am and everything that I'm striving to be. I open the deepest recesses of my heart and invite Your Holy Spirit to dwell inside of me. I offer you my life, heart, mind, body, soul and spirit. I surrender to you my past, present and future problems. I ask You to take hold over every aspect of my life. I surrender to You all my hurt, pain, worry, doubt, fear and anxiety, and I ask You to wash me clean. I release everything into Your compassionate care. Amen. (Prayerist)

Will you receive Him as Lord and Savior?

Heavenly Father, thank You for sending Your Son, Jesus, to die on a cross to forgive me of all of my sins.  I know that Jesus died and rose again.  Please forgive me of all my sins as I forgive all who have offended me.  Jesus, I ask You to come into my heart and be Lord of my life.  I surrender all to You.  Amen

Marcella Ward    Author of “Stolen Identity: Plan of the Evil One”    August 31, 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                   DAYS OF DARKNESS INTO LIGHT April 17, 2024     Marcella Ward THIS NATION WILL BE PL...