Wednesday, July 1, 2020

THE JOY OF THE LORD






                                                 THE JOY OF THE LORD

Proverbs 17:22 ESV
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. 

Job 8:21 ESV
He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouting. 

Then our mouth was filled with laughter, and our tongue with shouts of joy; then they said among the nations, “The Lord has done great things for them.”

For the LORD your God is living among you. He is a mighty savior. He will take delight in you with gladness. With his love, he will calm all your fears. He will rejoice over you with joyful songs (Zephaniah 3:17). 

You make known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand (Psalm 16:11).  

For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit (Romans 14:17). 

New International Version
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.


According to the Mayo Clinic Staff, the following are the benefits and effects of laughter:
Short-term benefits—it stimulates many organs by enhancing your oxygen intake stimulating your heart, lungs and muscles and increases endorphin released by the brain.  It activates and relieves your stress responses by firing up and ten cooling down your stress response and can increase and decrease your heart rate and blood pressure which results in a good, relaxed feeling.  It can also soothe tension by stimulating circulation and aid muscle relaxation which can reduce some of the physical symptoms of stress.

Long-term effects—It may improve your immune system releasing neuropeptides that help fight stress and potentially more serious illnesses.  It can relieve pain by causing the body to produce its own natural painkillers.  Laughter can also help one deal with difficult situations.  It can help you connect with other people.  Laughter can help lessen your depression and anxiety and could make you feel happier.

Laughter is the best medicine!!
How do I deal with stress?  I read the Word of God.  I pray and I try not to watch too much of the news but enough so I know what is going on in the world.  I personally like to watch comedy sitcoms on TV.  I try to get my fill every day.  I watch re-runs over and over again and they still make me laugh!!

Let joy fill your heart each day.  Don’t let the bad news on the TV get to you and make you angry or depressed.  Read the Good News, the Bible, for inspiration knowing that the best is yet to come!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                   DAYS OF DARKNESS INTO LIGHT April 17, 2024     Marcella Ward THIS NATION WILL BE PL...