Wednesday, August 5, 2020

WHAT IS REST?

 

                                                                         WHAT IS REST?

What is rest?  According to the dictionary it means, “The act or state of ceasing from work, activity, or motion; quiet.”  It also means, “peace, ease or refreshment.”

The following are scriptures about rest:

And God blessed the seventh day and declared it holy, because it was the day when He rested from all His work of creation.  Genesis 2:3

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. ~Psalm 62:1-2

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. ~Psalm 91:1

Return to your rest, my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. ~Psalm 116:7

Be still in the presence of the LORD, and wait patiently for Him to act. Don’t worry about evil    people who prosper or fret about their wicked schemes.  Psalm 37:7 (NLT)

Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him, for he shields him all day long, and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders.”  Deuteronomy 33:12 (NIV)

On August 10, 2016 the Lord gave me the following words:  “Child of mine, rehearsing the future is futile.  Rely and rest and be content in Me moment by moment.  Refresh your spirit in My Word each day.  Rest in Me.  Live in Me.  Be filled with My peace and directions from My Word and My presence will precede you.  Watch, pray, and rest in Me for I am the author and finisher of Your faith. (Hebrews 12:2)  Watch, trust, rest for in so doing My Shekinah Glory will be made manifest in you and through you.  Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!”

Some have said that when we work, God rests.  When we rest (in God) God works!!  Why did God rest after He had created everything?  I believe because He was finished and He wanted to enjoy His creation.  After a painter paints a masterpiece, would he or she not stop and admire the beautiful painting?

When we completely surrender to God, He will do what only He can do.  Yes, we need to do our part for the most part depending on the need, but when we rest in God, He takes over and does it His way.  I can’t tell you how many times I have prayed to the Lord about something and I have said these words, “Lord, I rest in You,” and the problem many times worked out without any intervention on my part.  Sometimes it was a small problem and sometimes it was a much bigger problem.

 So don’t be restless when you encounter a problem.  If you rest, less, in Him, then you won’t find true rest.  In other words, resting in God means that you trust Him completely and you will find peace and strength to carry any burden that you are carrying.  Remember the scripture,
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”   Matthew 11:30 (KJV) 

A Prayer for Rest by Rachel Wojo

Dear Father,

This world seems to move faster and faster
And I’m trying to keep up.
But God, in the whirlwind,
Instead I get caught up.
Like an unbeatable force it pulls me in
But I know eventually I cannot win.
I must learn to rest in your perfect peace
And though good, let all endeavors cease.
Oh that my feet would mimic your pace.
So your joy would be set on my face.
Help me, Jesus, to slow down when you would.
Help me, Lord, to rest as I should.
Thank you for loving me just as I am;
Thank you that rest is part of your plan.
Amen.

Rest From Anxiety by Ashley Nicole

Father, I pray that You fill me with Your presence in this moment as I put aside worries, anxieties, and striving and pick up Your rest. I pray that You would grant me Your peace as I stop wondering about the how’s and why’s of life. Help me to remain focused solely on Your goodness. I seek after You and You alone. I surrender my heart and soul to You. I surrender my plans and my goals and my aspirations and lay them at the altar. I choose to seek those things that You place before me. I choose to seek Your kingdom. I know that You will provide everything I need to do Your will. Amen

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                      CHURCH ARISE October 30, 2019 I had a dream today about being in a p...