Wednesday, June 8, 2022

                                                          GOD IS ALWAYS WITH US

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed a dream.
As I was walking along the beach with my Lord.
Across the dark sky flashed scenes from my life.
For each scene, I noticed two sets of footprints in the sand,
One belonging to me and one to my Lord.

After the last scene of my life flashed before me
I looked back at the footprints in the sand.
I noticed that at many times along the path of my life,
especially at the very lowest and saddest times,
there was only one set of footprints.
"I don’t understand why, when I need You most, You would leave me.”

He whispered, "My precious child, I love you and will never leave you,
Never, ever, during your trials and testings.
When you saw only one set of footprints,
It was then that I carried you."
 
Margaret Fishback Powers, 1964 

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  Isaiah 43:2 NIV

 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”  Joshua 1:9 NIV

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10 NIV

 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”  Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV

 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”  Matthew 28:20 NIV

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Romans 8:38-39 NIV

JOB

Most of us know the story of Job in the Bible.  Job had been blessed by God but God never left him nor forsake him but gave him strength in the midst of his suffering.  God blessed him after the tragedy that fell upon him and his family.   After Job had prayed for his friends, the Lord restored his fortunes and gave him twice as much as he had before.  Job 42:10 NIV

THE PARTING OF THE RED SEA

Just when the Israelites thought that God had forsaken them, He parted the Red Sea and led them out in safety.  He was always with them protecting them and providing for them.   By day the Lord went ahead of them in a pillar of cloud to guide them on their way and by night in a pillar of fire to give them light, so that they could travel by day or night.  Exodus 13:21 NIV  The people of Israel called the bread manna] It was white like coriander seed and tasted like wafers made with honey.  Exodus 16:31 NIV

THE WALLS OF JERICHO

 By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the army had marched around them for seven days.  Hebrews 11:30 NIV

PENTECOST

When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place.  Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting.  They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them.  All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.  Acts 2:1-4

But very truly I tell you, it is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Advocate will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you.  John 16:7 NIV

But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.  John 14:26 NIV

I was rear-ended many years ago.  As I felt the impact, I remember that I felt like I was being suspended in mid-air.  I did not suffer any injuries from the accident.  God was with me because He sent, I believe, my guardian angel to protect me.  I have had other incidents in my life that I have been protected or warned.  I know that He is with me not because of such incidents in particular but because I feel His presence within me.

I am sure most of you have stories too of His protection and presence.  God did not leave us defenseless.  He sent Jesus to save us and redeem us from our sins.  Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to guide us and give us comfort and peace and consolation.  We are never alone!

God is with you Always Prayer for Today

I thank you Lord because you are always with me, you have not forsaken me nor leave me to be on my own. You assured me in your word that if I go through fire, you will be there – if I go through waters, you will always be there too. I am happy and I am not afraid because your presence is with me. Thank you Lord for staying with me. Amen.  (Pray Ray Prayer Journal    “God Is With You Always Prayer for July 11”)

Open link below to hear a beautiful song about how we are never alone because God is always with us.

https://www.christiansong-lyrics.com/you-alone-lyrics-lauren-daigle/   

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                   DAYS OF DARKNESS INTO LIGHT April 17, 2024     Marcella Ward THIS NATION WILL BE PL...