Monday, October 17, 2022

 

                                               HOW TO KEEP YOUR BALANCE

Joyce Meyer has 12 concepts that can help us keep our balance to “develop a balanced, healthy, God-centered self-image.”

1.       I know God created me, and He loves me.

2.      I have faults and weaknesses, and I want to change.  I believe God is working in my life.  He is changing me bit by bit, day be day.  While He is working on me, I can still enjoy my life and myself.

3.      Everyone has faults, so I am not a failure just because I am not perfect.

4.      I am going to work with God to overcome my weaknesses, but I realize that I will always have something to deal with; therefore, I will not become discouraged when God convicts me of areas of my life that need improvement.

5.      I want to make people happy and have them like me, but my sense of worth is not dependent upon what others think of me.  Jesus has already affirmed my value by His willingness to die for me.

6.      I will not be controlled by what other people think, say or do.  Even if they totally reject me, I will survive.  God has promised never to reject or condemn me as long as I keep believing (see John 6:29).

7.      No matter how often I fail, I will not give up because God is with me to strengthen and sustain me.  He has promised never to leave me or forsake me (see Hebrews 13:5).

8.      I like myself.  I do not like everything I do, and I want to change---but I refuse to reject myself.

9.      I am right with God through Jesus Christ.

10.  God has a good plan for my life.  I am going to fulfill my destiny and be all I can be for His glory.  I have God-given gifts and talents, and I intend to use them to help others.

11.  I am nothing, and yet I am everything!  In myself I am nothing, and yet in Jesus I am everything I need to be.

12.    I can do everything God calls me to do, through His Son Jesus Christ (see Philippians 4:13).”  (“Keep Your Balance”  The Everyday Life Bible  Amplified Version  Notes and Commentary by Joyce Meyer)

In order, for us, as Christians, to keep our balance, we need to recognize that we are a child of God and that He has a special plan for our lives.  We are a new creation in Christ!  No longer do we live for ourselves but Christ dwells in us and the Holy Spirit gives us counsel.  We are made in the image and likeness of Almighty God.  Let us live as children of the Most High God!!

If you would like to renew your relationship with Jesus or would like to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, read the following words out loud:

 

 

Simple Prayer For Salvation

 

Lord Jesus, I confess that I am a sinner and in need of salvation. I believe that You came to earth to seek and to save people who are lost in their sins, and I believe that You died on the cross as the substitute for my sins.

 

I believe that You took the punishment that I deserved for the sins that I have committed, and forgave me all my sins. I believe that You died for me and that You rose again from the dead, and that whoever believes in You will not perish but have everlasting life.

 

I trust in You and I place my faith in You. Thank You for dying for me, forgiving my sins, making me clean and covering me in Your own perfect righteousness. Thank You for all that You have done for me.

 

I receive You into my life as my Saviour and I choose to follow You and serve You all my life. Thank You for hearing my prayer,

 

Amen.  (Source: https://prayer.knowing-jesus.com/Prayers-for-Salvation#1309)

 Marcella Ward   October 17, 2022    Author of “Stolen Identity: Plan of the Evil One”


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

                                                                       TURNING POINT Marcella Ward May 8, 2024 The following prophecie...